Unico executives reaffirm company’s long-term growth strategy in its markets
SEATTLE (December 18, 2020) – Real estate investment and operating firm Unico Properties LLC, a subsidiary of Unico Investment Group LLC, announced today that Jonas Sylvester, will leave his role as President of Unico on December 31, 2020. Quentin Kuhrau will re-assume the role of President, in addition to his role as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, upon Jonas’s departure. Additionally, Unico will reassign roles and responsibilities previously overseen by the President internally, providing more opportunities for growth and challenge to its first-class pool of high caliber talent.
Sylvester brought strong leadership over his 17 years with the company.
“While we are saddened to lose Jonas as a co-worker, we wish him all the best and are excited for him as he embarks upon his next chapter. Given the small world of real estate, we look forward to our paths intersecting again in the future. We wish Jonas nothing but great success and thank him for the lasting impact he has made on Unico,” said Quentin Kuhrau, Unico CEO and Chairman of the Board.
Our trusted senior leadership team, combined with our deep bench of high caliber talent and strong values-oriented culture, has and will continue to lead our company forward and further advance our long-term growth strategy within the communities we serve across the western United States.
Unico’s organizational changes include the following:
- Bruce Snyder, Unico Chief Financial Officer, will assume Platform Management tasks previously overseen by the President. Snyder will also oversee Unico Solar’s investment business. Snyder is an integral part of the Unico team with more than 35 years of business management experience.
- Brian Pearce, Unico Executive Vice President of Real Estate Services, has been with Unico for 18 years. In addition to Real Estate Services, he will assume oversight of Unico’s construction management and development team.
- Dan Lowen was recently promoted to Unico Senior Vice President of Portfolio Management. With 6 years at Unico and 20 years of industry experience, he will oversee Asset Management and take on some portfolio management responsibilities.
- Portfolio Management duties will continue to be overseen by Quentin Kuhrau, Unico CEO and Chairman of the Board, and Ned Carner, Unico Chief Investment Officer, who has been with the firm for 14 years. Lowen will provide support to Kuhrau and Carner.
- Robert Penney, Unico Senior Vice President, Acquisitions, will continue to lead the firm’s acquisition efforts. Penney has been with Unico for 10 years.
- Lori Hill, Unico Senior Vice President, Investor Management, will continue to work closely with Kuhrau and the larger investment team on Investor Management and Fundraising.
“Our executive leadership team is comprised of seasoned veterans within the industry, most of whom hold long tenures within the company,” added Kuhrau. “Our trusted senior leadership team, combined with our deep bench of high caliber talent and strong values-oriented culture, has and will continue to lead our company forward and further advance our long-term growth strategy within the communities we serve across the western United States.”
Over a nearly 70-year history, Unico has navigated many transitions, including changing market conditions and key leadership transitions. Unico is excited for what is on the horizon for the company in 2021 and beyond.
“I am reminded that change often affords new opportunity and I can’t imagine a better group of professionals with whom to work side-by-side in the years to come,” said Kuhrau.
About Unico Properties LLC
Unico Properties LLC, a subsidiary of Unico Investment Group LLC, is a commercial real estate investor, developer, and full-service operator focused on office and multifamily assets in emerging markets throughout the United States. Founded in 1953, Unico has been transforming the built environment by creating innovative, people-focused building experiences through a cadre of subsidiary companies that deliver boutique expertise and institutional execution for its own accounts and select third-party clients. The private equity real estate investment firm currently owns and operates 18 million square feet of commercial properties across the United States and continues to grow. For more information about Unico, please visit the firm’s website at https://unicoprop.com/.