Unico is a growing company, and we're looking for talented, energetic and civic-minded
employees who can embrace innovation and change. We value excellence, integrity,
accountability, respect, balance, growth and community involvement.
In return, we have a solid history of promoting from within and providing excellent
growth opportunities for our employees. Our pay is competitive, our benefits comprehensive.
And we're an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, a generous employer-matched 401(k)
retirement investment plan, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, a
transit subsidy program, education and course reimbursement and more. Additionally, Unico
was recently recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly
Worksites Recognition program.
General Contact Information
Unico Properties LLC
1215 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98161
Fax: (206) 628-5067
Recruiters, please don't contact us about job postings.
Public Relations Specialist
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and managing proactive and reactive PR initiatives and programs as well as tenant communications that directly support the company’s marketing and communications functions. This communications professional will manage, protect and enhance the company’s corporate reputation, work closely with internal stakeholders, manage and support the company’s internal and external communication, provide expert counsel on media relations, track company initiatives and transactions for story and content development, crisis management support, and contribute to and execute the company’s PR strategy.
• Demonstrate expertise in media relations, including creating and driving media outreach plans, key message development, coordination and management of media events, effective pitching, and provide education and training of spokespersons for media interviews
• Draft company communications, including but not limited to press releases, media statements, pitch letters, talking points, key messages for media interviews and social media posts; this requires compiling, researching, and confirming the accuracy of project and/or company information from a variety of sources in multiple markets, as well as working with market and department leaders to determine key messaging and tone
• Coordinate, facilitate and drive the company’s proactive and reactive media relations to generate positive coverage including developing and distributing press releases, pitching media in the company’s key markets as well as national and trade media, managing and responding to reactive media requests, managing interview requests from start to finish, and prep internal stakeholders for interviews
• Coordinate and communicate closely with key internal stakeholders to develop company communications
• Prep internal stakeholders for public speaking at industry events
• Maintain, protect and enhance corporate image and identity and support crisis communication efforts
• Cultivate and maintain positive media relationships with key CRE reporters in multiple markets;
• Develop, refresh and maintain media lists
• Track and measure media coverage; create media recap reports for each announcement to distribute internally
• Track market, CRE industry trends, project, property activities to identify publicity opportunities and challenges and to position company as an industry leader; serve as a department liaison to third-party partners as needed
• Work with project and property teams to determine publicity goals and asses potential risks for projects and initiatives and create a PR strategy; execute on the tactics of the strategy, including development of messaging matrix and establishing a spokesperson
• Track industry news and trends; follow peer and competitor publicity outreach and coverage
• Contribute to and carry out corporate publicity strategy, including evaluating advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with company PR strategy
• Assist in tracking, coordinating, resourcing and managing collateral, digital assets, marketing schedules and campaigns, and network archives
• Travel as needed to office locations in other states
• May require some work outside regular business hours
• Two to five years of experience in a marketing, public relations or journalism role
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, English, or business
• Depth of understanding of the CRE industry
• Exceptional copywriting and editing talent, and the ability to craft compelling narratives and appropriately apply different tones for different audiences while maintaining a consistent voice; should also be collaborative, and open to edits and redirection
• Demonstrate proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and external communications, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation abilities; must possess grace under fire; be able to speak confidently, thoughtfully and clearly; and be able to project an open, collaborative, positive persona
• Deep emotional intelligence and refined interpersonal skills; must be able to create and maintain trusting relationships with internal and external partners by demonstrating maturity, discretion, situational awareness and an aptitude for navigating difficult or delicate interactions
• Must possess heightened capacity for nimble problem-solving and making quick, informed decisions; should be resourceful, able to identify and flag risks, and not easily swayed
• Must be organized, thorough, proficient in project management, tactfully persistent, and comfortable juggling multiple priorities and immediate media deadlines at one time
• Be detail oriented, and develop a command of the company’s business and culture
• Expertise in social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook expected; familiarity with WordPress preferred
• Basic knowledge of web optimization for images (e.g. understanding file formats; ability to compress/resize/upload photos)
• Self-motivated and committed to refining work; open to learning new processes and tools
The Financial Analyst is responsible for building financial models and analyzing quantitative data to understand the risks and/or merits relating to commercial real estate investments.
• Research, collect, consolidate and analyze market and financial data and other information, including valuations, cash flow analyses, and/ or comprehensive proformas.
• Present findings to internal staff.
• Convey information and coordinate with internal teams, and at times external parties such as owners, brokers, lenders.
• Assist in the writing and production of reports, including monthly and quarterly investor reporting, annual asset management plans, or investment memorandums.
• Build analytical tools and/or templates.
• May assist with due diligence, closing, and transition of assets to internal departments. May assist with records management.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Major in business, finance or real estate preferred.
• General understanding of commercial real estate finance, structuring, leasing, and property operations.
• Experience in building and using complex financial models.
• Understanding of general accounting principles, financial statements, and budgets.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, and Argus experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word required and Powerpoint preferred for reporting and presentations.
• Experience in Kardin and Yardi (budgeting and accounting software) preferred.
• Understanding of provisions and terms in commercial office lease documents, loan documents.
• Excellent writer and verbal communicator.
• Strong work ethic, desire to learn and take on responsibility.
Tenant Services Coordinator - Market Place
The Tenant Services Coordinator greets and directs visitors and routes telephone calls. Assists the Property Manager in tenant relations in the areas of work order processing, answering billing and tenant policy questions, planning special events, parking, and security. Provides administrative support to General Manager, Property Manager, and Chief Engineer. Oversees contract janitorial services. Performs general office duties such as filing, processing mail, and document preparation. Promotes a culture and demonstrates market leadership that is committed to sustainability and strategic energy management.
• Enter and dispatch work orders from tenant requests and daily security and janitorial logs.
o Track status or work orders.
o Coordinates service partners such as day janitorial and parking. May manage janitorial contract
o Issue purchase orders and maintain logs.
• Process invoices for accounts payable by coding, dating, obtaining appropriate signatures and sending to Accounting.
o Maintain any petty cash account, recording disbursements and reconciliation.
• Serves as contact for tenant regarding billing and policy questions.
• Arrange special events and/or special tickets for tenants.
• Coordinate tenant move-in and move-out.
• Maintain current tenant list, emergency contact list, elevator maintenance and entrapment log, vendor, contractor and tenant insurance certificates, tenant leases and general correspondence.
• Prepare tenant bulletins as needed.
• Maintain building keycard and access software, issue keycards.
• Perform administrative duties to support General Manager, Chief Engineer and other staff.
• Perform general office duties, including ordering office supplies, maintaining office equipment, setting up and maintaining filing system, distributing mail and preparation of outgoing correspondence.
• Greets and directors visitors, screens and routes telephone calls.
• Schedule conference rooms and meeting set up for building tenants.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service environment.
• 1-2 years’ of administrative experience
• Work requires excellent written skills to independently compose general correspondence.
• Work requires ability to operate various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft applications Word and Excel.
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
• Work requires good customer relation skills and ability to interact with the general public. Must have excellent oral communications skills.
• Work requires ability to analyze moderately complex administrative details, such as planning, scheduling assembling reports, and displaying data.
• Work requires excellent customer service skills.
Lead Engineer - Spokane, WA
The Lead Engineer performs repairs and maintenance tasks, including preventive maintenance to the building structure and systems; is responsible for maintaining condition of the property interiors, exteriors, and site using materials and equipment following manufacturer’s directions; continually strives to increase his/her working knowledge of the property; and works in compliance with all safety rules and regulations. Promotes a culture and demonstrates market leadership that is committed to sustainability and strategic energy.
•Performs preventative maintenance as directed by preventive maintenance schedule
•Performs specific maintenance and repairs using hand and power tools as directed by work orders including general carpentry, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing (may perform these duties with a high level expertise in one or more areas); trouble shoot, diagnose, and correct minor and major HVAC issues, electronical issues (24v to 480v), and plumbing issues including removing and replacing miscellaneous plumbing fixtures
•Performs light sheetrock wall repair and painting
•Maintains assigned response times to tenant calls
•Performs some special project work for tenants as directed by Chief Engineer
•Assists Maintenance Technician with issues he/she is not able to resolve independently
•Operates the building in a code-compliant manner, maximizing energy efficiency while maintaining tenant comfort, and in a manner that is aligned with building LEED and energy conservation measures
•Maintains log of weekly water meter reads for LEED and EnergyStar
•Maintains proper levels of chemical treatment in closed and open loop HVAC systems
•Repairs/replaces lock and passage sets including pinning of cylinders and cutting keys
•Performs new tenant keying configurations
•Maintains key logs
•Follows requirements for Purchase Orders, including necessary documentation and tenant signatures
•Performs monthly tenant bill back meter reads
•Maintains daily data logs for critical equipment
•Performs snow removal and/or ice melt distribution in inclement weather
•Proficiently operates fire life safety systems throughout property/properties
•Continuously inspects property/properties for safety hazards, and works in compliance with all safety rules and regulations
•Maintains and keeps clean all phone/electrical closets/switchgear, etc.
•Keeps shop and desk area clean and organized
•Participates in the Engineering on-call schedule
•Interfaces with vendors and contractors in coordination of work and inspection of work
•Covers duties at other properties when assigned staff is absent, or as needed for special projects
•Drives company vehicle, as needed
•High School diploma or equivalent
•2 year technical accreditation
•5+ years’ experience in property / building engineering
•Current universal CFC card
•Current driver’s license
•Current Boiler license
•Current specialty 07 electrical license (Washington State only)
•Previous experience with building EMS (Energy Management Systems) and control
• Ability to prioritize work load
•Proficient in operation of the building Energy Management System along with intimate working knowledge of programming and troubleshooting of the system and components
•Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
•Familiarity with domestic water pumping systems along with associated pressure reducing and backflow devices
•Extensive knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems
•Technical carpentry and maintenance skills
•May require expertise in one or more area of maintenance engineering
•Ability to operate computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
•Proficiency with one or more work order and preventative maintenance programs
•“Best in Class” customer service skills
WA & Denver, CO
We are always looking for talented people to join our team!
If you are interested in a career with Unico, but don't see an open position you are interested in, feel free to send us your resume. If a position opens, we will reach out to you and can provide additional information.
Lead Building Engineer