Unico hosts invitation-only ribbon cutting, brief presentation ceremony, and tours to celebrate Unico’s and Partners Group’s $20 million investment to fully renovate the historic landmark
In 2018, Unico Properties purchased Galleria, a 5-story, 194,737-square-foot, Class A office building, located at 600 S.W. 10th Ave, in downtown Portland. The acquisition was part of a joint venture partnership with Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, which invested in Galleria on behalf of its clients.
In 2021, Partners Group and Unico invested approximately $20 million to fully renovate the historic landmark, delivering state-of-the-art amenities and creative office space to the heart of downtown. That same year, Unico secured a new, 42,000-square-foot, 15-year lease for SERA Architects, Inc., a multi-disciplinary architecture, interior and urban design firm committed to sustainable placemaking, at Galleria.
Built in 1910 and originally known as the Olds, Wortman & King department store, Galleria is a 5-story office building, four stories of office over one story of street-level retail. The property is a historic landmark listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Partners Group and Unico purchased Galleria from the Bill Naito Company in 2018. The Bill Naito Company repositioned the building in 1976 as Portland’s first shopping mall. Spanning a full city block directly on the MAX transit line in Portland’s central business district (CBD), Galleria is located in the West End. “We’re excited to mark this special day in downtown Portland with the official unveiling of Galleria. We preserved the past while revitalizing this historic landmark and we’re honored to reveal a beautiful new building that creates a hub, with a modern and exceptional amenity package and reflects the epitome of sustainability and decarbonization, in this prime area of downtown,” said Charlie Floberg, Unico Properties Director, Market Leader