The Café represents Anchorhead’s first retail location outside of Seattle and brings premium coffee to building tenants and downtown Nashville
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (September 20th, 2021) — Unico Properties LLC, a real estate investment and operating company, has attracted and secured a long-term lease for Seattle specialty roasting company Anchorhead Coffee at One Nashville, a Class A high-rise, located at 150 4th Avenue North, at the epicenter of Downtown Nashville’s business and entertainment hubs. With four cafés in the Puget Sound region of Washington state, this represents the first retail location for Anchorhead outside of Seattle.
In May of this year, Unico celebrated the completion of its three phase, seven-million-dollar renovation of One Nashville and unveiled the state-of-the-art amenities and a fully-reimagined, tenant-centered experience at the building. As part of the renovation, Unico rebranded One Nashville Place to One Nashville.
Interested in leasing at One Nashville?
Anchorhead will open an 800-square-foot café in the building’s new tenant lounge, bringing premium coffee, cold brew and select house made pastries to building tenants and downtown Nashville.
“The opportunity to bring one of Seattle’s premium coffee purveyors to One Nashville is an incredibly exciting opportunity for the building and for the downtown community. We’re obsessed with delivering a first-class tenant experience and bringing Anchorhead here aligns perfectly with our goal to create places where people want to be,” said Unico Properties Senior Vice President and Regional Director Andrew Cox.
“We fell in love with this location in the heart of downtown Nashville, and with all of the beautiful and extensive renovations Unico made at One Nashville, it’s the perfect place for us to expand our growing business outside of Seattle,” said Anchorhead Coffee Co-Founder, Jake Paulson. “My business partner and I are former audio engineers and we toured for about eight years before shifting careers and opening our first café in Seattle. We’ve had our eye on Nashville for years, we love the city’s music scene, and we believe we can bring something really special to Nashville’s coffee culture.”
Anchorhead already sells its premium whole beans in Nashville, but it had no retail space. The new café is expected to open in One Nashville in early 2022.
“We’re thrilled to have earned this commitment from Anchorhead, and we’re pleased to support their first brick-and-mortar café in downtown Nashville,” said Janel Jensen, Unico Properties Director, Retail Leasing. “As an award-winning coffee company, with a sterling reputation in Seattle, this is the perfect addition to a fully-reimagined, tenant-centered experience at One Nashville.”
Some of the new, modern amenities at One Nashville include the following:
- “The Quarters” – New tenant lounge accessible from either building entrance. Anchorhead will be located here.
- “Ambrose” – New building conference room
- Updated and hospitality-focused lobby
- “ON Fit” – New, fully-equipped fitness center with towel service; “ON Fit” was selected based on a contest Unico hosted with building tenants to create the name
- New men’s and women’s locker room with showers
- New, interior bike storage
- New, customized exterior seating at 4th and Commerce entrance
- Refreshed exterior garage with new exterior paint and updated signage
- New building, monument, wayfinding and garage signage
- Nashville Business Journal: Deal Dash
- Nasvhille Post: Seattle café brand taps downtown Nashville location